Welcome To My

Chance Chapman fan site!  



Sunday, June 1, 2008

PRICELESS

Gasoline to Cleveland - $65. Tickets to ball game $40. The look on my daughter's face when she reunited with her cousin ... Priceless. There is nothing like a game of baseball to kick off summer vacation. And when the starting pitcher is your cousin, it's even better. Because my daughter has had no interest in baseball, the game has passed me by. And yes, this forty something mom, was beginning to forgot what it was like to be a child. But after watching the game with my daughter last night, the memories came flooding back. Within minutes of watching Chance take the field, I saw a glimpse of my brother. That little blond hair, skinny kid, who played every position on the field. I watched as he pitched an entire game, then switched places with the catcher, and caught the next one. From there, I drifted to Miller Sibley field. There stood my father, the catcher, at the mound. His mask in hand, hat backwards, and last name scribbled on the back of his shirt. Lucky number 13 was out there talking to, or yelling at, somebody. Who? It didn't matter. As far as I was concerned, he was the only player on the team. Last night, I watched as history repeated itself. There sat my ten year old baby. With her eyes fixated on her hero, asking questions like .. "Is Chance winning?" "Did Chance win yet?" "When can I talk to Chance?" The broadcaster said there was over 9,000 people at the stadium last night. In my minds eye, there were just a few!