Welcome To My

Chance Chapman fan site!  



Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chapman Chatter

May 27, 2008 — phuturephillies (see link)


* While I’m normally the guy that stresses patience when everyone wants a guy promoted after 6 weeks, can someone explain to me why 24 year old Chance Chapman is still at Lakewood? Has he already ascended into “organizational filler” less than a year after being drafted? His peripherals are decent, but he’s pitching against guys 4-5 years younger than him. If anyone should be converted to a reliever and fast-tracked, its Chapman."

From For Lakewood Blog (see Link)

"So you have to see Chance Chapman more than any (or at least most) of the rest of us? What is the deal with him? I ran into him during Spring Training out on the town with Drew Naylor, and he said he expected to be at Clearwater this year, but when the season came around he wasn’t. We could certainly use the help here in Clearwater, and he certainly seems to be more than pulling his weight in Lakewood. Any insight into his lack of progress up the ladder?"

Also from For Lakewood Blog

"Jeff - I haven’t actually been able to get to any games yet, though I will be able to soon, hopefully. But as for Chapman, I honestly don’t know - he’s got some pretty nice peripherals, 42 K’s in 57.1 innings. The only thing I see of note with him is that his GO/AO is only 1.24. But I agree with a post James made - Chapman should be turned into a reliever and promoted, or promoted and then converted . . . "